Air Conditioning Service in the University Park, TX Area
Are you in need of AC service in the University Park, TX area? Then you’ve come to the right place. Accelerated Mechanical offers affordable air conditioning services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our licensed HVAC technicians will have your AC system ready to go in no time.
If you’re ready to get started, contact Accelerated Mechanical today for AC service in the University Park, TX area!
You wouldn’t drive your vehicle 70,000 miles without changing the oil on a regular basis. The same logic holds true for your central air conditioning system. Regular HVAC preventative maintenance is the best way to guarantee peak performance without issue from your HVAC system. Pre-season service of your air conditioning unit —usually in the early spring before the summer months—can help you avoid costly repair bills during those brutally hot University Park summer days.
Properly serviced AC units will run 40-60 percent more efficiently than comparable systems that don’t receive preventative maintenance. Not only will you gain peace of mind, but you will save money on future energy costs.
Call Accelerated Mechanical Services at 866-695-1930 today to schedule an air conditioning tune-up and service.
Money Saving Tips for Your HVAC system
Temperatures in the 90s are common during University Park summers, so having a properly functioning AC unit is essential. Make sure that your central air conditioning system is working to its full potential right now, so you’ll be ready when the hot weather hits. Outside of scheduling AC service with our AC technicians, here are some ways to save money on your HVAC system:
- Be proactive. Don’t wait for your central air conditioning unit to break down. Preventative maintenance, such as professional cleaning or a tune-up, will cost far less than a repair or replacement.
- Use your senses. Note the sound your air conditioning unit makes when it’s working and cooling properly. AC units will often hint that they’re going to quit. Pay attention to changes, and you might avoid a costly repair.
- Watch your utility bills. Air conditioner units can be energy gobblers in the summer. If your electric costs are unusually high, your system may be struggling and may not have been installed or maintained properly. Having a factory-certified and qualified HVAC technician inspect your system can save you money on your utility bills.
- Check your HVAC company’s qualifications. Ask your technician if they have earned a certification from the National American Technician Excellence organization—or NATE, which sets the standards of excellence for HVAC technicians.
Does Your AC Unit Use R-22 Coolant?
As of Jan. 1, 2010, according to the Montreal Protocol, R-22 is to be phased out of use in AC systems. This international treaty is designed to protect the ozone layer by halting the production of countless substances that are responsible for ozone depletion. According to the Montreal Treaty, R-22 refrigerant production was cut by 75 percent and the production of HVAC systems containing R-22 was banned. In 2015, the treaty sets R-22 production to be cut by 90 percent, and by 2020, it’s to be completely eliminated from use.
R-22 refrigerant is becoming very hard to find and is increasing in price every week, with costs doubling or even tripling over historical prices. If your system runs on R-22, it could soon become very costly to maintain.
Should you repair an R-22 refrigerant leak on systems over 10 years old when the industry average for outdoor condensing units is 10 to 15 years? Each circumstance is different of course, but overall, a leak in a system using R-22 refrigerant can be a very expensive problem.
Let Accelerated Mechanical Services professionally evaluate your home cooling system and offer solutions that can make the most sense for your wallet and the environment.
12 Point AC System Inspection and Tune-Up for $69
- Record suction pressure. This indicates the operating pressure and refrigerant temperature in the evaporator (cooling coil).
- Record discharge pressure. This indicates the operating pressure and refrigerant temperature of the condensing unit (outdoor coil).
- Record subcooling. This is necessary to determine if the system is undercharged or overcharged with proper amount of heat rejection.
- Record cooling coil inlet temperature. The cooling coil inlet and outlet temperatures are recorded to measure coil temperature drop to ensure it’s within manufacturers’ recommended specifications.
- Record cooling coil outlet temperature. As stated above, we’ll make sure the temperatures are within manufacturer standards.
- Record refrigerant superheat. This is necessary to determine the proper operation of the indoor coil, also needed when diagnosing system deficiencies.
- Record outdoor unit supply voltage. Improper voltage can cause premature equipment failures. This is why we also record the compressor operating amperage, ensuring that the amperage is within line of the manufacturer’s settings and that there aren’t signs of potential equipment failure. Recording compressor operating amperage and comparing to manufacturers rated specifications can provide warnings to potential equipment failure.
- Remove filter and check condition. We will also replace your filter for an additional cost.
- Record thermostat reading and verify accuracy. This is essential to the health of your AC system.
- Clean outdoor condensing unit. We will provide maximum airflow through outdoor coils to help insure proper compressor operation.
- Lubricate indoor and outdoor motors and bearings if applicable Regular maintenance to bearings and motors will prolong equipment life.
- Add up to one pound of refrigerant at NO EXTRA COST. A $40 value given to you for free.
If you’re ready to have your AC system serviced, contact the experts at Accelerated Mechanical today!